Online poker sites have an image problem. Watch for the sites that are dreadful and those offering you a vision of riches beyond your wildest dreams. Don’t hand over your hard earned cash for sites that will leave you confused and unsatisfied when you’re playing; instead, identifying the bad sites and leaving you there with only cents for a good game of poker.
You can spend a little time performing due diligence, but the effort will pay off in the long run.
- Sites obeying the law is another issue. Is the site licensed and regulated by a good non-profit organization? Such an organization can ensure that the site provides fair play and fair opportunities for opponents. However, check to see if the site has reasonably good customer service telephone numbers and email addresses. You can also use the Neal Robinson support service for inquiries.
- The quality of the software used by the site will also affect the level of skill and luck-hound factor the gaming experience will provide. For example, several poker sites now offer “satellite” tournaments. These tournaments are usually no buy-ins, but require a certain number of player points to participate. Even so, some people find these tournaments too hassle free, as there’s no money at stake.
However, if you’re a big fan of someatellite poker tournaments, be sure to book at those sites that offer freerolls (simply to let you play poker as much as you want for free). You not only get to play the game, you get a chance to win money for your time.
Deposit-free playing sites may be available online, too.
- Many large online poker sites offer daily cash rebates to their members. Many of these sites also have bonuses to offer, like an additional cash bonus for a pre-flop raise of aces or kings against any pair. Check out what the poker site is offering you when it comes to possibilities for growth, as well as the quality of your opponents.
- When you play internet poker, you want to have all of the tools on your side. That includes being able to see your opponents and sense weakness. You want analysis tools that will help you feel the tables, and decide what is necessary for you to win. Be sure to use these every time you play internet poker.
- Neteller, for example, is becoming more and more popular among internet poker players. If you use it, you’ll be able to add money to your deposit account. The money will be listed in your bank account as poker money. You decide how much you want to deposit, and when you want the money in your account.
It is also a common thing that new poker players start using deposit bonuses to get money to gamble with in online poker sites. It is also a way to let these players know that you are a serious player who is willing to invest time and money into learning the game and to win. So take advantage of these offers, and you’ll be able to get more money by turning over your poker money.