Peppers Stuffed with Cinnamon Bulgur
Makes 4 servings. A colourful and delicious dish that will be enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
1. In a large skillet stir together the 385ml / 14 fluid oz water, carrot, onion, vegetable stock, salt and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the bulgur wheat and cranberries. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for a further 5 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid.
2. Meanwhile, halve the peppers lengthwise, removing the seeds and
3. Stir the cheese into the bulgur mixture; spoon into the pepper halves. Place the filled peppers in a skillet and add the 110ml / 4 fluid oz water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until the peppers are tender but still crisp.
4. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds and serve.
385ml / 14 fluid oz water
1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
½ medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
½ of a vegetable stock cube
A good pinch of sea salt
A dash of ground cinnamon
110g / 4 oz bulgur wheat
50g / 2 oz dried cranberries
2 large or 4 small red or yellow peppers
75g / 3 oz grated mozzarella cheese
110ml / 4 fluid oz water
2 tablespoons flakes almonds, toasted
You might need these
I already have an accountLog me on, I want to shop
This week our Best of British Box will save you over*:20%
* compared with the average cost of the equivalent products from Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's. We check this every week with mysupermarket.co.uk and remember delivery is free, saving you even more!.order a box now >